Hey there! I’m Allison McGuigan, a yoga and meditation teacher, creativity seeker, travel buff, and a girl with an undeniable sweet tooth. Above all, I am someone who believes there is a way for you to find your inner vibrance and live the life you want.
What it takes to live vibrantly can change from day today. I love the unexpectedness of life, but I also need to feel grounded and stable. I carve out time each day to pause, even if it’s just a few moments, which allows me to find balance and greet life’s only constant – change. This is exactly what I can help you do, too.
As a kid, I used to watch and imitate my mom in yoga poses. We would put our legs up the wall for a little break. Or we’d practice butterfly pose with our feet together and knees open, which to this day is still my favorite pose. And often, I would interrupt her during meditation.
Looking back I can see that the importance of making time for ones self became engrained in me at an early age.
At the dinner table is where I really began to understand mindfulness. Grace in our house was reciting lines from Thich Nhat Hanh’s writings about non-attachment and equanimity. I remember those words because I had to figure out what they meant. We even practiced chewing each bite of food 25 times (the exact number of times is still out for debate!). The chewing practice was short lived, but the practice of being in the present moment was not. Flash forward to today, and this is probably why I will always be the slowest eater at any dinner table.
The tools of yoga, meditation, and mindfulness are the foundations for what I teach and share today. They are tools you can use to find balance and vibrance and have taught me:
- The importance of making time to care for myself, even when it’s hard to find time. If I don’t make time for myself, how can I share the best parts of me with others?
- How to appreciate me, including all my quirks. We’re all unique and this is the exact thing that makes life so interesting.
- When I can be in the present moment, the world doesn’t seem so scary. Tasks don’t seem as insurmountable. Stress doesn’t feel as heavy. And I can remember tools for lessening anxiety.
- Often, the most beauty lies in simplicity. When I do too much, or move too quickly, I miss all the small things.
Right now, living vibrantly to me means living with courage, curiosity, being inspired, inspiring others, and spreading compassion. I’m settled in Charlotte, NC, teaching and traveling when I can with my three favorite beings – my husband, my daughter and our 10 pound pup.
Here’s me summed up in a few more random facts: I have a BA in Arts Management because I wanted to be able to bridge the creative arts with business. I’m a pisces, so being near the water always brings me joy. I lived in Finland for a while, which pretty much changed my whole outlook on life. I had a stint in the corporate world for 9 years. And did I mention, I love dessert?! It’s always a challenge for me to turn down any cupcake or slice of cake, but my favorite is to bake my own.
The important thing is you!
How long have you been waiting for your life to be exactly what you hoped it would become? A month, a year, maybe more?! This is where yoga and meditation practice comes in. Yoga and meditation are tools to bring awareness to your body, mind, and heart. But it’s even bigger than that. It’s about listening to what brings you happiness, ease, peace, compassion, and courage. It’s about uncovering your vibrance – sometimes it’s hidden, or we forget it’s there, and sometimes we don’t even know what it feels like. But I believe we all have this vibrance within us.
It’s my mission to make these tools accessible for you to incorporate them into your busy life. There’s no magic formula, but I want to make it easier to uncover your vibrance and live the life you’ve been waiting for.
I am here to help however I can. And because we’re all unique I offer a variety of content to meet you wherever you are on your journey. Use what feels accessible to you today – whether it’s free audio meditations or blog posts, weekly group classes or private sessions, I can help you tailor these tools of yoga, meditation, and mindfulness to meet your needs. That is my commitment to you.
Stay in touch! I send out bi-weekly newsletters to give you a mid-week pause. These include tips, ideas, and audio recordings to inspire you to live vibrantly. Enter your name and email below and you’ll also receive a free pdf with 3 tips to get you started living vibrantly and links to my favorite audio recordings, so you can press pause on your busy day anytime you want!
Now I want to hear about you! Respond back to my email and let me know what tips and topics are most valuable for you to hear about.
Thank you for reading and I’m so glad we’re connected. I can’t wait to hear about the vibrant you! Let’s keep inspiring each other!
– Allison McGuigan
Allison McGuigan, RYT 500
- Yin Yoga Teacher Training – 300 Hours Advanced Certification with Paul and Suzee Grilley:
- Yin Yoga and Anatomy Teacher Training (200 hours)
- Yin Yoga, Meditation, and Chakras (100 hours)
- Mindfulness Training with Tara Brach and Jack Kornfield (The Power of Awareness Training)
- Mindful Resilience for Trauma Recovery – The Veterans Yoga Project (15 hours)
- Freedom Style Yoga with Erich Schiffmann (10 hours)
- Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training with Heather Till (35 hours)
- Yin Yoga Teacher Training Intensive with Sarah Powers (15 hours)
- Yin-Yang Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation Weekend Workshop with Sarah Powers
- Yin-Yang Yoga with Heather Tiddens Weekend Workshop (12 hours)
- Yoga Anatomy with David Keil (12 hours)
- Teacher Training, Power Vinyasa with Dolly Stavros of Red Stone Yoga (200 hours)
- Bachelor of Arts in Arts Management